At Colleton Ambulatory Surgery Center, we offer many pain management procedures. After your procedure you return to the comfort of your own home. Studies show that a familiar, comfortable environment helps to speed recovery.
You and your physician will schedule the date and time of the procedure at our center, which is based on the availability of rooms.
- Bring a current insurance card(s), social security number and photo ID the day of your procedure.
Your procedure, step by step:
The following outlines the general information you will need to know before your procedure. Please follow all the instructions carefully to ensure that every aspect of your planned visit proceeds smoothly.
- Contact your physician about eating and drinking requirements prior to your procedure.
- If you are taking Coumadin, please contact your physician. We recommend you stop taking it four days prior to your procedure.
- Bring all medications you are currently taking.
- Bring any items such as films, CT scans, MRI results, etc. that your physician has indicated.
- A nurse will assess your medical history and medications and will answer any questions you have.
- You must have someone designated to drive you home that remains on site.
- Due to limited space, we ask that you bring no more than two family members with you.
- Leave any valuables at home.
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing.
- Please inform any family members or friends planning to wait for you at the center to wear or bring warm clothing because the surgery center may be cold.
- There is a lounge with a television and magazines, along with vending machines in the building.
- After your procedure you will be offered beverages, but we do not provide food.
- On average, most patients stay approximately 45 minutes, depending on the type of procedure.
If you have any questions, you can speak with a nurse between 7:30am - 3:30pm at (843) 782-2700. We look forward to serving you!